The no makeup, makeup look is one of my favourites. There’s nothing like looking effortlessly flawless with dewy skin and a nude lip.
I was recently asked by one of the brands I regularly work with to submit some pictures under the theme ‘ace your base’. This got me to thinking of all the actual details that go into my makeup base, even when the coverage is minimal, and the makeup look every day style, there’s still so much background prep that I thought why not share with my readers how I ‘ace my base.
Here’s a rundown of the products used in this look…
- To remove makeup the night before – Clinique take the day off
- Night time skin care – Estee Lauder Revitalizing Supreme + global anti-aging power crème
- Skin prep before applying makeup – Estee Lauder Revitalizing Supreme + global anti-aging wakeup balm
- Clinique City Block SPF 40
- MAC studio face and body foundation
- Rimmel wake me up concealer
- Rimmel stay matte pressed powder (to set concealer)
- Benefit Hoola bronzer (to contour and used in the crease of my eye makeup)
- Maybelline tattoo brow
- Chichi Diva palette
- The Balm Mary-Lou highlighter
- Benefit BADgal Bang mascara
- Bourjois Colour Boost lip crayon (in proudly naked)
- Rimmel #Insta fix and go setting spray
With this look there seems like theres a lot of products bur trust me that its all about the application. Most of the products on the list are skin care and sun protection. The rest of the list I use a light hand and build up gradually until I achieve my desired look. If you want to take this to an evening look its super simple to smoke out the eye and add a bold lip too.
See my matte liquid lipstick blog post too for tips on how to apply.
what are your favorite makeup must haves? let me know in the comments below…